Chocolate Pistachio 3-Minute Mug Cake
We’re at the tail-end of the hottest part of summer here in Texas, and man is it still sweltering outside! Anything that requires baking in the kitchen gets a hard pass July through September here, as I don’t fancy sweating over a casserole or cake while it’s 100+ degrees outside.
However, cravings still hit now and then, and when this girl has a hankering for a chocolate cake, this girl needs her chocolate cake… low-carb style, of course.
When it came to creating a keto, low-carb cake recipe, I was looking for something decadent but easy. No oven-use of course, but still tasting SO good, I’ll have to remind myself now and then that it’s guilt-free by the end of it. Enter the 3-minute chocolate pistachio mug cake.
This stuff is phenomenal, y’all! And I’m not just staying that because I love pistachios or because I created this recipe. It’s filling, rich, moist in the middle thanks to Tom & Jenny’s chocolate caramels, and (best of all) so darn easy to make for those when weeknight cravings hit and you’re too tired to get out all the mixing bowls and blenders. You might remember these delectable sugar-free chocolate caramels from my previous low-carb chocolate pecan pie recipe, which has instantly become a household fall favorite. There’s something so decadent yet guilt-free about these no-sugar morsels that make it so fun to use as an alternative in our favorite desserts!
So, without further ado, here’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll find for those cake cravings without having to cheat! Enjoy.
Chocolate Pistachio Minute Mug Cake Batter:
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- Dash salt
- 2 tbsp crushed pistachios (reserve a pinch more of the pistachios for garnish)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia
Chocolate Caramel Sauce:
- 4 Tom & Jenny’s chocolate caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tbsp salted butter
- Start by heating the caramels over medium heat in a small stovetop sauce pan.
- As the caramels melt, add in heavy whipping cream and butter until the caramels take on a sauce-like consistency.
- Whisk all of the cake batter ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour blended batter into a microwave-safe ramekin or mug
- Drizzle in caramel sauce over the cake batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute (may need 10-20 seconds more depending on microwave)
- Careful with removal of your cake, as the ramekin/mug will be hot!
- Add homemade whipped cream and reserved pistachios for garnish.
That’s IT! Easy as pie.. or cake in this case. And Oh so delicious, you’ll feel almost guilty while indulging! Want more guilt-free, delectable desserts? Be sure to try our Sugar-Free Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes, and our Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pies!